Don't need a standard HVAC system but don't want to resort to a window air conditioner? Ductless air conditioning could be just the efficient, cost-effective solution you need. Contact the Clemmer Services Heating & Air Conditioning team to learn more about our ductless AC services and where we recommend installing ductless systems for best results.
How Ductless Systems Work
Ductless air conditioning systems provide just as much cooling power as central air systems do, only without the ductwork. Also known as mini-splits, ductless AC systems require an indoor and an outdoor unit. A group of cables and a refrigerant line connect the two, enabling the outdoor unit to pull in the fresh air and the indoor unit to disperse conditioned air throughout the room. Ductless air conditioners only provide cooling, and ductless heat pumps can switch between heating and cooling modes.
While ductless systems are designed to condition a single room or a specific part of your home, some systems can do much more. We also provide a range of multi-split systems that can cool or heat multiple rooms in your home. These multi-split systems come with built-in zoning capabilities that enable them to provide heating and cooling power up to a dozen rooms.
Perks of Ductless Systems
Ductless heat pumps and air conditioning systems boast plenty of perks. Here's what you can look forward to when you go ductless:
- Flexible Placement: Ductless systems have a low profile and a small footprint, so our team can typically install them in several different locations. Choose between ceiling and wall placements for maximum impact.
- Targeted Cooling: Standard HVAC systems cool or heat your whole home, but ductless systems only condition specific areas. With this type of system, you'll get cooling power right where you want it.
- Energy Efficiency: Since ductless systems don't condition your whole home, they offer much more control over energy consumption. They're also designed to be energy efficient and can help you keep your utility bills low.
- Air Quality Improvements: Portable air conditioners won't clear the air, but ductless systems can take your indoor air quality to the next level. Many systems feature advanced air filtration and humidification capabilities so that you can look forward to clean, pure air.
Ductless AC Installation
Because ductless AC systems provide targeted cooling in specific areas, they aren't always the right solution for conditioning a large home. However, they're ideal for the following settings:
- New Construction: Building a new room or wing in your home doesn't necessarily mean you need to modify your existing HVAC system. Install a standalone ductless system to get the cooling and heating you need.
- Newly Finished Rooms: Install a ductless system to your newly finished basement, attic, or garage, and get comfortable without the added cost of ductwork.
- Challenging Spaces: Why make your air conditioner work overtime to cool your sunroom? Install a ductless system in hard-to-cool rooms and give your HVAC system a break.
Think a ductless system could be just what your home needs? Call Clemmer Services Heating & Air Conditioning for more information about ductless AC repair and other ductless system services.